Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Sharp LC-70LE650 70-inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV

So

I have had apple tvs since they came out and never really had an issue. However when i bought my sharp LC-70LE650 70-inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz i have had issues. Essentially, now when playing anything through the apple tv i get these random flashes about an inch thick which extend all the way across the top of the TV. They are intermittant but can be as many as 2-3 per 5 minutes.

I have replaced the cable, changed the HDMI port and done everything however it persists. I do not have this issue on my samsung tv in the bedroom with the same cable, same appletv and content. I called sharp and they said it was a "compatibility issue" and it was something on apples side. I tend to believe them since everything else i play on the sharp does not do this including playstation, dvd player, direct tv.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 6:31 PM

4 replies

Dec 1, 2013 5:48 PM in response to mmackinnon

I have the exact same issue! I just bought the same tv last night and have noticed the same intermittent flash. The only thing I've noticed that helps is by going into the tv settings and turning off motion enhancement. So far its working. I know that this IS NOT a fix because we should be able to enjoy our tv's as they were designed but hopefully it will get you through until APPLE fixes the problem and makes the apple tv compatible with the sharp 120hz tv's. I have two other Sharp LCD tv's at 60hz with no issues either of them, so I would agree that this issue is on apples end. I hope they fix this soon, hopefully in a software patch.

Feb 2, 2014 5:41 AM in response to Johnnypug

I am also having the same issue, since August, I've tried everything on the Sharp TV to fix it to no avail, including shutting off all of the picture processing. Apple TV movies and TV shows constantly studder and have a white bar randomly flash accross the top of the screen. However, when I use my Playstation to stream Netflix. Amazon, watch Blu Rays or play a video game, no issues whatsover.

Both device play through a Denon receiver before sending information to the TV.

Mar 30, 2015 4:38 AM in response to mmackinnon

Apple TV3 - I have the same problem but with a brand new Sharp LC-60UQ17U. There is a flashing white bar about 1" high, along the top of the screen, every 15-30 seconds using the Apple TV3, more so with Hulu than Netflix. Sometimes you can recreate it by rewinding and playing the same content over again, as it sometimes to appear in the same frame, mostly in dark scenes. Never in freeze frame or in the navigation menu when no signal is streaming.

I never had this problem with my 5 year old 46" Sharp - same HDMI cables, same Apple TV3 box. I've narrowed the problem down to the Apple TV3 box, because switching over to the internal Sharp Smart TV Functions (Netflix, Hulu and YouTube), the flickering stops. It only happens using the Apple TV3. I thought it was the new Sharp TV at first, but it's not. I've tried using the Apple TV3 on WiFi and 60G Ethernet - no difference.

I have the Apple TV3 in HDMI port 1. I'm going to try port 2. I'm also going to swap out the Apple TV3 box with an older 720p AppleTV2 to see if anything changes with the flickering.

Issue with Sharp LC-70LE650 70-inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.