Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off iMessage without iPhone 4s present

Anyone have a helpful hint on how to turn off iMessage without my old iPhone 4s present? I have read numerous boards and sites that you have to unregister your account on your profile...or you have to wait 30 days for it to unregister..or you have to get all of your iphone contacts to switch something for when they send me message...or go change your apple id password..I just want an answer. I have gone into my Apple ID account and unregistered the phone/phone number. I have changed my password for Apple ID. I have tried to go into the iCloud account through my Apple ID and it will let me in but you cant do anything other than see what I had on there the last time I backed up my iphone. I can get text from a couple of my iphone contacts individually but it does not work when I do multiple contacts. I never get their replies.

Does it really take 30 days for it to reset?

Any experiences or advice please let me know.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy 4.

Thank you

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2, Now Galaxy 4s

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 6:04 PM

41 replies

Nov 18, 2013 5:04 PM in response to AMickelson

I finally got this fixed. I called 800-694-7466 - Apple care for the iphone. After being on the phone waiting for a phone manager, she was able to turn off the iMessage over the phone. Do not waste your time talking to the Sprint store, Apple store, or chatting online with Apple care. Just call the number and ask for it to be turned off and you do not have the phone any longer.

Nov 28, 2013 4:48 PM in response to kberardis

I've been having this same problem. I just got off the phone with an Apple rep who was unable to help me because I'd already removed my phone number from my apple account. I'd like to try the above suggestion, but I just need to clarify the instructions.

1) log into my imessage account on another iphone

(I'm not sure exactly how to do this but I'm sure I can figure it out)

2) delete MY phone number from the account?

3) log out

then things should be fine? I don't know what power cycle is..

Thanks for any help!

ps, all this kindof makes me miss my iphone... |:(

Turning off iMessage without iPhone 4s present

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.