Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need the opinion of an expert....original macbook air rebuild?

Is it worth replacing the display and putting in a new hard drive? Since I did not pay anything for it I thought it might be smart to put a SSD in it as well. I am techincal and can do it myself.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 7:03 PM

SSD and Display assy. Your talking about replacement cost being 60% of a NEW unit.

($420 + $220 [depending on SSD size])

worth it, no

It doesnt contain a HD, rather a SSD, why do you think it needs same? missing?

sell it off for parts and buy a new one.

Also you didnt say how OLD an Air it is,...2010, 2011 model, absolutely not worth it

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2013 7:03 PM in response to JoeRealtor

SSD and Display assy. Your talking about replacement cost being 60% of a NEW unit.

($420 + $220 [depending on SSD size])

worth it, no

It doesnt contain a HD, rather a SSD, why do you think it needs same? missing?

sell it off for parts and buy a new one.

Also you didnt say how OLD an Air it is,...2010, 2011 model, absolutely not worth it

Oct 20, 2013 7:30 PM in response to JoeRealtor

Hey, I fixed a 2007 Mac Mini for my dad as his "first Mac" Didnt cost really anything

even though its only got a 500gig HD i upgraded and 2gig max RAM,...

hes so happy with that old machine, he swears its far more reliable than his new computer and faster too. Which really it about is.

A fixed used Macbook Air is a perfect "get you hooked" Mac to get as a first machine.

I need the opinion of an expert....original macbook air rebuild?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.