Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My camera and flashlight stopped working suddenly, only my front facing camera works. The camera app freezes and has to be ended every time. What the heck...help?

My camera and flashlight stopped working suddenly, only my front facing camera works. The camera app freezes and has to be ended every time. What the heck...help?

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Hi JDValentine,

If you are having issues with a camera on your iPhone, you may find the Camera troubleshooting in the following article helpful:

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Regards,

- Brenden

6 replies

Nov 9, 2013 8:34 AM in response to JDValentine

I am having the exact same problem. I was told by AT&T it is a software issue. They said to first back up my phone on my computer itunes (not icloud as icloud will also mirror your broken software), then erase the entire phone and settings, then start from new. Don't enter your apple ID on start up. Just start up.

And guess what STILL DOES NOT WORK! I am going to call Apple. Will let you know what happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.