Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless time machine backups to external through Boxee Box- possible?

Title pretty much says it all. Want to plug my external HD into my Boxee Box and use it for backup. Strange thing is I can see the Boxee and drive and explore it just fine through finder, but can't figure out how to point Time Machine to it to backup to (drive should be ready to go for this as I've already been using it via USB for time machine backups).

QuickTime-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 12:24 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2013 1:29 AM in response to Grateategreat

A usb drive used locally for TM backups is not readable over network. TM uses a different method when backing up over networks.. and the method of getting TM going on a boxee I would put in the very very hard basket.

It may be possible but TM will not see the disk as usable without a fair bit of preparation.

To be honest I am amazed you can see an HFS+ formatted drive plugged into the boxee at all.

Wireless time machine backups to external through Boxee Box- possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.