Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to verify my apple id account

i cant download apps on my ipod because i cant verify my apple account

iPod touch, iOS 4.3

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 12:22 AM

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5622 :

When you create a new Apple ID or make certain changes to your account, Apple will require you to sign in by following the link in a verification email. This is to help protect your identity and keep your account secure. Some Apple services, such as FaceTime and GameCenter, require email validation.

How do I verify my Apple ID by email?

Simply follow the link in the verification email that says "Verify Now." Sign in with your current Apple ID and password, then click Verify Address. You can also verify by signing in at My Apple ID. You'll receive an email prompting you to verify.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2013 12:22 AM in response to soriano14

When you create a new Apple ID or make certain changes to your account, Apple will require you to sign in by following the link in a verification email. This is to help protect your identity and keep your account secure. Some Apple services, such as FaceTime and GameCenter, require email validation.

Simply follow the link in the verification email that says "Verify Now." Sign in with your current Apple ID and password, then click Verify Address. You can also verify by signing in at My Apple ID. You'll receive an email prompting you to verify.

May 13, 2014 4:06 AM in response to Nancy Sharma

When creating an iTunes account you should receive an email to the email address on the account, with a 'verify now' link in it. Have you received the email ?

Why am I sometimes asked to verify my Apple ID by email?

May 15, 2014 5:54 AM in response to soriano14

I am having a similar issue. I gave up before when trying to get ICloud set up when iI needed to verify my email address but now HAVE to upgrade to iso7 to run some of my apps. The issue is that there is no VERIFY NOW to click on in any of the emails! There is the message content and a small apple logo in the top right corner but no place to click! I tried roaming the curser over the whole page trying to luck onto the pointer hand to indicate a place to actually click. I tried 2 different computers. If anyone can help please do!

May 15, 2014 6:10 AM in response to slushmcj

Oh WOW! I solved my own issue and maybe this will help others. Since there was no place to click on the email I thought it may just be something with my particular cable companies email. I forwarded it to my work email and it showed a written out underlined blue link and IT WORKED! So any others who have this particular issue of having no place to CLICK in the original emails try this!

how to verify my apple id account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.