Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X on PC

Hello, can anybody help me with advice on if I can install Mac OS X on non-Mac hardware. The hardware spec is, AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz 8GB DDR3 1333mhz Gigabyte Motherboard, Samsung HD501LJ and WDC32 hard drives and MSI AMD HD7850 1GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card. Thanks, Richard.

PC 64 Bit with Gigabyte FX6400 MB-OTHER, Other OS, Install Mac OS X on non-Mac Hardwar

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 1:09 AM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2013 2:06 AM in response to bowmarh

bowmarh wrote:

Hello, can anybody help me with advice on if I can install Mac OS X on non-Mac hardware. The hardware spec is, AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz 8GB DDR3 1333mhz Gigabyte Motherboard, Samsung HD501LJ and WDC32 hard drives and MSI AMD HD7850 1GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card. Thanks, Richard.

It is illegal to run Apple OSXs on non Mac Hardware.

Pete

OS X on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.