Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari reading list not syncing between iPhone and Mac

I have a specific problem with Safari reading list:

items added to reading list on iPhone DO NOT sync with readign list on the Mac, but they DO sync with iPad. All else works fine, items added to reading lists on either Mac or iPad synch with each other and back with iPhone. So the problems is specifically direction of sync from iPhone to Mac.

I am running all latest software and have perfomed all troubleshooting suggested, which mainly involved unselecting and reselecting Safari tabs in iCloud on both devices and choosing to merge data etc.

Mac: 10.8.5

Safari: 6.0.5

iPhone: ios 7.0.2

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 1:51 AM

4 replies

May 22, 2017 10:52 AM in response to dizzi101

I was struggling with this problem for the past four months and after searching all the internet for help, switching on and off all devices (multiple times), logging in and out from iCloud on all devices (multiple times), I realised that I had Safari in my iPhone 6 in "Private" browsing all this time...

So if you're reading this and when you open Safari on your iPhone your bottom menu is dark grey, you have the same problem.

After switching off "Private" browsing, I opened a new tab, entered apple.com and finally saw in my MacBook Pro's Safari my open tabs from my iPhone.

Maybe it would be better if Apple UI/UX team could add an indicator on my MacBook Pro's Safari that would inform me that my iPhone is in private browsing.

Dec 21, 2013 10:53 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

i am having the same problem but between my iphone and my macbook pro. initially, my Safari on my macbook pro was syncing perfectly through sept. 2013. ever since then, nothing, including my history and bookmarks, from safari on my mac will sync anymore with the safari first on my iphone 4s and now my iphons 5s. i've already, as you suggested above, turned off the syncing options on both devices, turned them back on and restarted both devices, as per the suggestions from another post. STILL NOTHING. And with the update to the iOS on iphone as a few months ago, there is no longer the option to turn on and off the safari book sync options under settings on the iPhone or on iTunes.

safari reading list not syncing between iPhone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.