Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri repeats prompt when getting directions from maps using headphones in iOS 7

Someone please try this and tell me if it's happening for you also (make sure you use the headphones to try it).

Make sure Siri in enabled.

Plug in a pair of headphones with remote and mic.

Lock the iPhone (with passcode)

Press and hold the remote button on the headphone cord to activate Siri.

Say "Give me directions to <insert local business name here>"

Siri should respond with "I found one place. It looks pretty close to you." And then "Here's <name of business> on <street name>, do you want that one?"

After this if you answer with a positive response (ie. Yes, Sure, Okay, Yeah, etc) Siri just repeats the above response over and over. If you give a negative response, Siri says something like, sorry I can't find it.

The only way to get directions is to say "Give me directions", which is extremely unintuitive, since Siri is asking if you want to try that one.

Sometimes what happens next is (this doesn't always happen) after I say "Give me directions", Siri will say "Ok, getting directions." Then the lockscreen appears. If you don't put in your code the directions never start. Since the phone was in my pocket I didn't realize this. There was no way for me to know that Siri was not navigating me since the phone was in my pocket.

I am able to reproduce this on my iPhone 5S and my iPad 3. Here's a screenshot I took from the iPad.

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 7:14 AM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2013 6:28 PM in response to aquariusrick

Sometimes what happens next is (this doesn't always happen) after I say "Give me directions", Siri will say "Ok, getting directions." Then the lockscreen appears. If you don't put in your code the directions never start. Since the phone was in my pocket I didn't realize this. There was no way for me to know that Siri was not navigating me since the phone was in my pocket.

EDIT: The above behavior only happens when asking for walking directions. It happens if you say "Give me walking directions", or if you say "give me directions" and your default method of directions is set to walking directions in maps settings.

Siri repeats prompt when getting directions from maps using headphones in iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.