Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 not allowing to upload anything

Greetings Community. Recently I've tried to upload a PDF file to my iPad/iPhone by drag-and-dropping it to iTunes Library and clicking the required checkbox after that, just as always. But iTunes didn't accept the file - there was only an "unavailable" crossed circle cursor. I've tried to do that with menu File -> Add File to Library, the file appears in iTunes, but when it's uploaded onto iPad/iPhone, it's shown as loading and not progressing at all. The only solution was to change the Media Kind for a PDF to Music and then back to Book, but it's quite inconvenient. Later I've discovered that it's a global problem and same happens when I try to add any music or ePub files with drag-and-drop to my Library. Same thing with PDF happened on my Mac previously, at the moment I'm trying to do this on my Windows PC. I have tried enabling "Manually manage music and videos", but it didn't help. I've been trying to find the solution on the forums, but I have found nothing. The solution is most likely trivial, but I can't find it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 7:45 AM

2 replies

iTunes 11 not allowing to upload anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.