Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts missing

User uploaded file

Everything else is fine - music, books, apps. In the list it shows how many podcasts I have, but when I choose it I get the page above. There are two check boxes, one ticked one not and a cancel button. If I click it iTunes crashes. What's happened to my podcasts? 11.1.1

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2.0 GHz i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 7:36 AM

14 replies

Oct 21, 2013 11:19 AM in response to Simon-UK-

Display Properties > Appearance > Font Size > Large Fonts was what I was thinking of... Could also be a display accelerator issue.

If you keep hit tab then focus eventually runs across the top of the Podcasts window, highlighting "Unplayed", My Podcasts", "My Stations" and, if enabled, "List". Tap it again and the next controls are:

"Sync podcast subscripts, settings and stations" and

"Automatically download new episodes for your subscriptions"

These are enabled by default. I recommend you press tab, then space, twice to select and then disable each of them, then press tab and enter to action the "Continue" button. You can set things up the way you want in preferences later but make sure you understand the potential drawbacks of enabling sync before you do so.

tt2

Oct 21, 2013 1:24 PM in response to Simon-UK-

Sorry, I've only just paid attention to the fact that you have a Mac. In Windows tab moves the focus of keyboard input between controls on the screen. Active controls get highlighted with a small dotted border. Presumably there is an equivalent feature in OS X.

Can you increase your screen resolution? Although the first screen in my test library worked for me the next wants me to go to the iTunes store to look for podcasts. There is some partially displayed e text above it which might show up if there was more real estate to put things on...

tt2

Podcasts missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.