Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Windows 8.1 and now iTunes is gone

I had been using the Windows 8.1 preview and itunes worked fine, but after "upgrading" to 8.1 Pro all of the software I had rpeviously installed had to be re-installed, including iTunes. However, every time I try to install it, it asks if I wish to "save File?" After I click yes it acts like it will but nothing happens. No crash message, no install messages. Nothing. Any ideas?

Windows 8

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 8:50 AM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2013 9:43 AM in response to crashcartjockey

Hi

First sorry to hear that.

Not all is lost. This is what you do.

1) Goto itunes.com. Install iTunes. Open it. Sign in to itunes so it displays your email address in itunes.

After goto your itunes store in itunes. There is a purchased tab. Click on in. It should list everything you purchased, books, songs, apps. Press the cloud with the down arrow. That will start the download process to your computer. I know the movie part you must download one at a time or it will crash. I hope that helps.

Installed Windows 8.1 and now iTunes is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.