Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bruning to proper format for film festival

I am finally ready to submit my documetnary to the Berlin International Film Festival. Below are the specs they require.
Can I do this easily in FC Studio 2?

Would the DVD be easier then the ProRES?

My timeline is 59.94 FPS and they require 29.97. Does that automaticall happen during the DVD production?

I appreciate your help.

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 2

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 11:19 AM

The ProRes would be easier... Also, the ProRes will be better quality compared to the DVD. The only draw back is the HD to store the ProRes on will cost more than a DVD. But, you won't have to jump through hoops converting the video to a DVD format which will be Standard Definition compared to the ProRes that will be in HD.

Good Luck!!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2013 11:19 AM in response to LawrenceFerr01

The ProRes would be easier... Also, the ProRes will be better quality compared to the DVD. The only draw back is the HD to store the ProRes on will cost more than a DVD. But, you won't have to jump through hoops converting the video to a DVD format which will be Standard Definition compared to the ProRes that will be in HD.

Good Luck!!!

Oct 21, 2013 1:41 PM in response to David M Brewer

OK, thanks, ProRes it is.

So to convert my project, I can export right in FC Studio. Export> Quicktime movie conversion> Quicktime movie> Options> Apple ProRes422?

This is being sent to Germany so the specs have to be correct for the hard drive.

If I want to send it to other festivals, who accept only DVD, how would I export to DVD from FC Studio 2?

Bruning to proper format for film festival

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.