Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2010 21.5 imac and wanted to know how I can add 4 gigs of ram memory to it. I have 4 presently. Thanks. Martha

Hi, I am assuming that I can add more ram memory to my iMac? I would like to add another 4 gigs. Could someone tell me how to do that and where I can buy the memory?

Thank you,

Martha

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel iMac, 4 gig memory

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 10:21 AM

One place you can buy memory is Other World Computing. Make sure you know your Model Identifier before you order so you end up with the correct memory. Pretty sure the link is your model.

Here are the instructions

27 replies

Oct 21, 2013 10:22 AM in response to marthafromlas cruces

I like www.macsales.com. You can go to their site and buy an additional (2gb x 2) or two additional memory sticks each being 2gb in size. Your mac should already have 2 x 2gb sticks in it. When you are done you'll have 4 x 2gb or 8gb total ram.

The memory sticks are inserted from the bottom. I would recommend you go to youtube and watch videos on installing memory into a 2010 iMac. A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVFI9gJSkCw

Oct 22, 2013 10:42 AM in response to Joe Gramm

I called before ordering and I did get the correct ram. We checked all the specs from my sysem profiler, etc.

I just told my husband, who will be doing the installing about the click. It should be here in about 3 days. I'm hoping my computer will then run more smoothly and even more quickly.

Thanks, Joe. I'll post back here with either a HELP or a positive update. 🙂

Martha

I have a 2010 21.5 imac and wanted to know how I can add 4 gigs of ram memory to it. I have 4 presently. Thanks. Martha

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.