Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with latest Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 17

Installed Java for Mac OS X 10.6 update 17 , version 1.6.0_65-b14-462, and now get General Exception Name UCX java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException when accessing private security ip cameras. The plug-in then fails.

Running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 , this happens with Safari 5.1.10, Firefox and Chrome . Everything was working fine before the update using Java version 1.6.0_51-b11-457. Nothing else was changed , except for the update. How do I correct this?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Java for Mac OS X 10.6 update 17

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 10:24 AM

5 replies

Oct 21, 2013 11:47 AM in response to aldofromlas vegas

Hello,

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu at top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair Disk, (not Repair Permissions). Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

If perchance you can't find your install Disc, at least try it from the Safe Boot part onward.

Oct 26, 2013 1:14 PM in response to BDAqua

I tried the Safe Boot part onward, Repair permissions, no change , still get same Application Error for Java.

Checking the Windows Activity , found a line " http://... /ultracam.class" not found .

The Java Console text shows the following line three times "network: Cache entry not found [http://.../ultracam.jar, version:null]" . The first time resulted in "security: Found a valid trusted site record for:... " , the second time ended with " security: jpicertstore.cert.getkeystore", the third time the exception error appeared. The text is over six pages long.

These are for Trendnet Pan/Tilt security cameras TVIP410W, located at multiple remote sites thousands of miles apart. All these cameras were working correctly until the recent Java Update 17. These sites are listed under Java Preferences " Signed content from these sites runs without prompting".

Trendnet has a recent security firmware update, (dated 10/10/13), but the update is strongly recommended only with a hard wired ethernet connection.

Since I won't get to these sites for a couple months, I upgrade to OS X Mavericks. I get a Security Warning when accessing the cameras, but it allows for an option to accept the risk and run the application. Problem temporally solved until the camera's firmware can be undated.

Jan 27, 2014 8:30 AM in response to aldofromlas vegas

Hello

I also run Running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and 5.1.10 safari

I have also discovered problems after updating Mac OS X 10.6 update 17. Before there where no problems and know i cant use java for anything.

I have tried to uninstall it but when i follow the apple uide and search for JavaAppletPlugin.plugin.

It do not exist/wont find it. Does anyone else have these problem and do anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Problem with latest Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.