Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I CONVERT F4VS TO APPLE PRO RES?

Hi, I need to transfer a premiere pro project as a XML to FCP so i plan to convert the files into premiere pro into Apple prores so they can opened in a Apple Pro Res project in FCP. The files I need to convert are the original MOVs and F4vs so the movs won't be a problem but the I've tried converting the f4Vs in Adobe Media Encoder and it seems to suggest I need FCP installed on my computer to convert them to pro res bu there must be a way of getting F4vs in to FCP. This is a project I'm transferring to be opened on someone elses computer in their FCP so how is this done?

PLEASE HELP!

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 10:52 AM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2013 12:03 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom, ok thanks I'll download wondershare free trial. I have the apple pro res codec already installed on my computer and downloaded a free trial of Pavtube but when I tried converting a F4v file into prores it said I need Final Cut already installed on my computer so would wondershare say the same thing. Sorry but I just want to be clear so...If I convert all the movie files in my Premiere Project into Apple Pro Res then export that as a XML then send all the individual files along with the XML project file to another computer they would be able to open the XML project all good and fine in FCP7?... There isn't any speed adjusted clips in the project as with those I nested and converted them into f4vs in Media Encoder then reimported them into the Pro project, then there are a few clips that I have adjusted the scale and postion and put on a slight fade on some clips- would those effects transfer to FCP7 ok ?

The project files I used in Pro are-

Editing Mode: DSLR,

25fps,

frame size 1920 x 1080, vertical 16:9,

Pixel Aspect Ratio, Square Pixels (1.0)

Fields : No Fields(Progressive Scan)

Sample Rate 48000,

Video Previews-

Preview File Format I-Frame Only Mpeg

Codec Mpeg I-frame

So if they open a project in FCP7 with as much of those settings as possible and in Apple Pro Res and then import the XML would that work?

Any advice you have would be extremely welcome and I'll be very greatful.Cheers

Simon

Oct 21, 2013 12:17 PM in response to 123allsystemsgo

If you're going to FCP7 you should be on the Final Cut Studio forum.

I need Final Cut already installed on my computer so would wondershare say the same thing.

I believe so with FCP7 going from Premiere. The production ProRes codec was only available with Final Cut Studio. The playback codec is available for everyone. Again you should check this on the Final Cut Studio as it may vary with the OS, and I have not used FCP7 with recent versions of the OS.

HOW DO I CONVERT F4VS TO APPLE PRO RES?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.