Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID

I have a second hand iphone 4. After I made an update, the phone asked me for the previous owner’s Apple ID and password. Well, the previous owner didn’t know too much about tehnology and he also didn’t erase the phone from his trusted device list because the settings were made by a friend of him. The owner couldn’t help me with the apple ID, he said he can’t contact his friend anymore. I have all the accessories (including the box) and a payment proof from the original owner. “This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.” What can I do? Please, help me with this! Thank you

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 1:32 PM

10 replies

Oct 21, 2013 2:23 PM in response to ver8nica

Looks like you really need to return it back to the owner, who sold you device where settings were changed by someone else. I wonder if that is possible to steal phone, box and payment proof? The good part is if you do have payment proof from autorized reseller, you can contact apple and ask for unlock, but they will ask your payment proof, not someone else's. So if payment proof was "owner's" he is the one who needs to call Apple and somehow I am willing to bet he will not.

ver8nica wrote:

The settings were made by somebody else, because the owner knows nothing about technology. The phone is not stolen!! I have all the accesories, including the box and a payment proof (from the store).

This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.