Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iMac does not show my notes from iPad

I bought a new iMac for a friend and her notes from her icloud account on her ipad are not showing up on the iMac

Calendar and other things are syncing. Everything in the iCloud settings on the iPad is checked properly.

She is using MT Lion and notes are no longer in mail like they were on my Snow Lepoard machine

Any tips?

Thanks

2.7 Ghz intel Core iS

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.44 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB ram

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 1:49 PM

On the iMac open System Preferences > iCloud. Deselect the box next to Notes then re select it.

On the iPad tap Settings > iCloud. Switch Notes off then back on.

Give iCloud a few minutes to re sync the data.

Notes are no longer available from the Mail app. Notes app is in the Applications folder.

5 replies

Nov 30, 2013 11:56 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

thank you carolyn, this worked perfectly. I was distracted a little with the message popped up that said I would 'erase all notes from this Imac' if I unchecked it, but after a little thought I did what you said and it re-boot itself. Also, I opened the applications folder and dragged 'notes' to my tool bar, which really is much easier than opening mail to find notes. I am relieved and grateful for your help, thank you!

Jul 11, 2014 6:42 PM in response to jimicocobop

Hi, I am having the same problem.

I have OS X Lion, and my 'notes' from my iPhone are nowhere to be found. I tried the above suggestion but it didn't work. When I go to system preferences - iCloud, there is no box for notes. Only Mail & Notes. And when I deselect it and reselect it, the notes are still nowhere to be found.

On my other mac with the older OS the notes show up in the dock.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

My new iMac does not show my notes from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.