Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office 365 Exchange - Apple Mail not downloading emails automatically

Hi,

I have Mac OSX 10.7.5 and Apple Mail 5.3 with Office 365 Exchange email account.

Occasionally, Apple Mail stops downloading emails for the Exchange email account and the only way to pick up new emails is to take all email accounts offline and then bring them online again and the new emails come in.

How do I fix this? Is there a bug in Apple Mail with Exchange?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 2:00 PM

5 replies

Jan 4, 2014 2:53 AM in response to Gams

There were no updates to Microsoft Exchange on Office 365. It works fine on previous Mac OS, but broke with Maverick. I believe it is linked to Spotlight. Everytime I re-index my mail in Spotlight, a different number of mail count in my inbox is being produced. I have 20k emails in my inbox on Office 365, but only about 1,100 make it inot my Mac Mail inbox.

Using Wireshark, I verified that all mail is being downloaded, but is not displayed in Inbox. That's as far as I have gotten with this issue. In my view: Apple problem.

Sep 19, 2014 2:10 PM in response to kungpow112

Same problem here.

I found a workaround that seemed to work for me:

- Delete Office 365 Exchange Account

- Go into ~/Library/Mail and delete the folders associated with your Exchange account, empty trash.

- Follow these directions to force re-index mail for your other accounts:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14876

- Quit, restart

- Add account again

- Give it enough time to download all emails/attachments

YMMV, good luck!

Office 365 Exchange - Apple Mail not downloading emails automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.