Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone finding the ios7 voicemail buggy?

I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon that I (regretfully) upgraded to iOS7.0.2. I am seeing all kinds of issues in voicemail. It hangs. If I go back to the main screen it clears it will start working again. It is very sluggish with any kind of interaction. Also seeing weird things like sometimes when I delete a voicemail, it keeps it in the inbox with a zero time on it. It then has to be deleted again.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 3:36 PM

5 replies

Jan 16, 2014 11:57 AM in response to gjohnston

I am on Sprint with a 5s and i HATE this new operating system. Yes it is buggy. Voicemail does hang up and freeze in ways you described. Its a phone right? VM is part of the basic functionality? Get it together Apple. io6 was far superior to this bug ridden system with poor design features. I wish Apple would strop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Jun 11, 2014 5:08 AM in response to gjohnston

I also have found the phone/voicemail feature to be very buggy lately. I am using ios7 on a 5.

Symptoms I've seen:

1. Voicemail app hangs/is unresponsive
  2. Screen graphics drawn incorrectly (such as a slightly transparent overlay being drawn as though a dialog box were to pop up, but it doesn't)
  3. Visual voicemail is *always* unavailable for me. Hard-rebooting the phone (a lengthy procedure) sometimes helps.

I am not completely sure whether each of these is Apple's responsibility to fix or my carrier's (AT&T), but from a software engineer's (naive) perspective, it seems that #1 and #2 are more likely to be Apple, while #3 could be either.

In any case, if you also have this problem, I encourage you to reply to the thread so we can get some focus on this issue!

Aug 12, 2014 3:27 PM in response to peytons

I'm using iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2 (11D257) on the UK O2 network and this problem is exactly as Peytons has described. It will work again briefly after either resetting the network or restarting the phone (muddled screen graphics always appear). I have been to see Apple Genius Bar on three separate occasions. They treated my problem as if I were the only user with an issue. Clearly from the list of posts I've seen there are lots of users with this problem.

The first time they blamed the carrier and provided a new SIM card. That didn't solve the problem.

The second time they reset the phone (pain in the backside) which solved it for only a few days.

The third time they said it was a faulty hardware in the phone (now 21 months old) and suggested I return it to Carphone Warehouse for a replacement,

WIth all kinds of users reporting this problem across all carriers in different countries it must either be a software or hardware fault. My experience is that Apple will not accept their responsibility and put this right quickly. Theyr're ducking and diving and that must be due to the potential cost of correcting this fault.

we'll to see what happens with iOS88

Is anyone finding the ios7 voicemail buggy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.