Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Base Station constantly has to be restarted to keep higher download speeds

Hi,

I find that my Airport Extreme Base Station device has to be restarted to keep the higher download speeds. If not, then my internet crawls slowly. Thoughts? Is there a memory setting on either the harware or software that can help as to not constantly re-start the device?

Airport Base Station 7.7.1

Airport Utility Version 6.3.1

Thanks,

Chad

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 3:04 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Beaglemut

We assume that you are asking about wireless here, correct?

One of the classic symptoms of wireless interference is a connection that works well at first, but then slows down after a time.

Do you have 802.11ac devices that are capable of connecting to the 802.11ac signal?

If not, your devices may be trying to connect to the overcrowded 2.4 GHz band, which has far too many networks and far too few channels to accommodate them.

You may do better by manually selecting a non-overlapping wireless channel like 11 or 6 to see if that will work better. Sometimes, I've found that channel 8 can work OK in crowded conditions.

See this Apple support document for more information about wireless interference:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1365

Airport Extreme Base Station constantly has to be restarted to keep higher download speeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.