Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up mac partition from w7 boot camp?

So I've been running windows 7 on boot camp on my MBP since my mac partition fails to start up. I've been able to get to all the stuff on the mac partition through my computer on boot camp. Now I am trying to copy?/backup? the mac partition to a 500gb external hard drive so I can reinstall the mac os and actually be able to use it again. I was wondering what is the best way of copying this mac partition over to the external hard drive from windows 7 on boot camp? I did try a copy/paste from the highest directory on the mac drive, but I didn't seem to copy anywhere near the whole thing so I have no idea what it is trying to copy and what it isn't copying. I'm sure there is a better way to do this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 3:44 PM

There are no replies.

Back up mac partition from w7 boot camp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.