Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my Snapchat and it deleted off of my iPod.

I tried to re-download the app and it just shows the open button. When I click the open button it does nothing but stay on the App Store. I've tried turning on Ipod on and off, syncing it, and backing it up but nothing seems to work. I don't know what I should do to get it to start working again.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 3:50 PM

8 replies

Oct 21, 2013 5:08 PM in response to Music-is-life26

Go to your home menu. Then swipe down and start typing "snapchat". If nothing comes up, go to settings and check that restrictions is not enabled. (Settings > General. It should appear under your device passcode settings.) If it is not, then reset your device's settings (This wont delete any data off of your device!) in the settings app under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Oct 22, 2013 4:30 PM in response to Music-is-life26

Do y ohave an age/content Restrictions set on the iPod? Settings>General>Restrictions. It will not say Snapchat..

Next:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Sysn with your computer

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

I updated my Snapchat and it deleted off of my iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.