Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my ipad without erasing all my history on my apps?

A number of my apps are stuck on Waiting...., I tried to delete them but they will not delete. A number of other users who had this problem suggested resetting all my settings, but if I do that will I lose all the apps I have paid for or the extra things I've paid for in apps?

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 3:49 PM

You will not lose any data in the 'reset all settings'. All that means is that you'll need to retweak your ipad, such as turning notifications off, etc.

A simple reset is to hold down the sleep and home keys until the ipad reboots. And in doing that you don't lose any data either.

The only way you'll lose data is if you 'reset all content and settings'. And even then if you have a full back up you can restore from that.

In addition, even if you did the erase all content thing you can still redownload apps, you'll just lose all progress you've made on those apps unless you have a backup to restore from.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2013 3:49 PM in response to CarolinaFeathers

You will not lose any data in the 'reset all settings'. All that means is that you'll need to retweak your ipad, such as turning notifications off, etc.

A simple reset is to hold down the sleep and home keys until the ipad reboots. And in doing that you don't lose any data either.

The only way you'll lose data is if you 'reset all content and settings'. And even then if you have a full back up you can restore from that.

In addition, even if you did the erase all content thing you can still redownload apps, you'll just lose all progress you've made on those apps unless you have a backup to restore from.

Oct 30, 2017 4:11 PM in response to CarolinaFeathers

start with reset network settings you might have to reconnect you wifi network again also make sure you have enough memory space the next will be reset all settings this will only reset all your phone settings doesn’t effect your apps and internal memory.

link on how to reset network settings If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Thanks & Regards

Dec 27, 2013 9:50 AM in response to Nanaguy

A reset is just like a reboot. Holding down the sleep and home keys until it reboots.

A restore will wipe your device and you have to start over. One way to not lose data....do a full backup of your device. I use iTunes so I'd do a full sync and backup. Then I'd go in and erase all content and settings. Then when I set the iPad back up I'll have two choices. To start as new or restore from the backup I just made. Choose that and your device is restored from the image(backup) you just made and most of the data goes back onto the device.

You may still need to set up your wifi, sign into websites etc, but most of the data goes acros.

Dec 27, 2013 12:57 PM in response to Skydiver119

I have done that but ill give u an example.

I have downloaded fairway solitaire and have been playing it for 2 yrs. I got a new iPad and transferred all my my apps over. Some picked up from the backup and some have started from zero. My fairway game is one of them. I now have to start over and have lost 2 yrs of building up my game. Another one is solitaire deluxe. I have lost all my cards I have 'bought' and lost all my coins I have won.

How do I get those apps and others to pick up from the last backup off my computer?

How do I reset my ipad without erasing all my history on my apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.