Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix App still says "incorrect email or password"

After a couple of months of multiple restarts and reinstalling. I'm at a loss for what to do. I have an iPhone 4. If you know what to do or have any trouble shooting methods, please let me know.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2017 8:16 AM

So, I had this too and this is what worked for me...

Click on SETTINGS - Wi-Fi - click on your current wifi connection and click "forget this network".
Check to make sure your DNS settings aren't saved from an old service you used to use (my case). If they are, erase them so when you reconnect to the wifi they will be replaced by the default settings (make sure to do this for both bands is you have a dual band router).

Once you connect to your wifi again and fire up the Netflix app on your ipad...BAM...no problems.

Hope this works for you!

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2017 8:16 AM in response to tokool987

So, I had this too and this is what worked for me...

Click on SETTINGS - Wi-Fi - click on your current wifi connection and click "forget this network".
Check to make sure your DNS settings aren't saved from an old service you used to use (my case). If they are, erase them so when you reconnect to the wifi they will be replaced by the default settings (make sure to do this for both bands is you have a dual band router).

Once you connect to your wifi again and fire up the Netflix app on your ipad...BAM...no problems.

Hope this works for you!

Jul 30, 2014 8:46 PM in response to tokool987

I Talked with Netflix. The tech told me they are aware with the issue with the app and we narrowed it down to special characters in my password. Somehow, with the latest Netflix app update, the Netflix app does not like special characters in the password. I temporarily changed my netflix password to one without special characters and was able to sign in to the netflix app. The Netflix tech says they are working with Apple to resolve the issue. Hope this helps.

Apr 22, 2016 8:32 AM in response to sydbarrett74

sydbarrett74 wrote:

Unfortunately, I've found this still to be a problem on my iPad 2 and Apple TV. I wonder when Netflix is going to fix this? It's already April of 2016 and it seems like this is a long-standing problem.

Why don't you ask the Netflix developer or look at their support site, since this has nothing do with your Apple device or Apple.

Netflix App still says "incorrect email or password"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.