Skip navigation

Where can I find movie files in iDVD?

260 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 4:10 PM by jrc362 RSS
jrc362 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 21, 2013 6:03 PM

Hello,

So, I have lost a quicktime movie file that I made in iMovie and cannot locate the file anywhere on my HD. However, when I open the iDVD Project (iDVD 7.1.2) I made to make a DVD the movie plays fine inside of the project. Does this mean the movie file still exists on my Hard Drive somewhere? Is there any way to access the file? I have looked in the Movies Library in iDVD and it is not there! Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,285 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2013 10:20 AM (in response to jrc362)

It will be located inside the iDVD project package under

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 10.14.00 AM.jpg

However, they will not have any of the audio associated with the video.  And the extension will have to be changed to .mov but again with no sound.

For future projects is you save the project as an archived project file

iDVD001.jpg

all of the media files, photo, video, etc., that are used in the project will be copied into the project file in the Assets folder:

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 10.18.50 AM.jpg

OT

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.