Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find movie files in iDVD?

Hello,

So, I have lost a quicktime movie file that I made in iMovie and cannot locate the file anywhere on my HD. However, when I open the iDVD Project (iDVD 7.1.2) I made to make a DVD the movie plays fine inside of the project. Does this mean the movie file still exists on my Hard Drive somewhere? Is there any way to access the file? I have looked in the Movies Library in iDVD and it is not there! Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 10:20 AM

It will be located inside the iDVD project package under

User uploaded file

However, they will not have any of the audio associated with the video. And the extension will have to be changed to .mov but again with no sound.

For future projects is you save the project as an archived project file

User uploaded file

all of the media files, photo, video, etc., that are used in the project will be copied into the project file in the Assets folder:

User uploaded file

OT

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2013 10:20 AM in response to jrc362

It will be located inside the iDVD project package under

User uploaded file

However, they will not have any of the audio associated with the video. And the extension will have to be changed to .mov but again with no sound.

For future projects is you save the project as an archived project file

User uploaded file

all of the media files, photo, video, etc., that are used in the project will be copied into the project file in the Assets folder:

User uploaded file

OT

Where can I find movie files in iDVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.