Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A little help with invoice calculator

Hi All,

I am in the middle of creating a job sheet for myself,

(Main Sheet)

QtyProduct CodeDescriptionPrice

Total

What I would like to do , and I think its either VLOOKUP or maybe a pivot table, is that I have another sheet with all the products/services on and the infomation is pulled across.

So I also have a list of all the products, and its costs,

(Product Sheet)

Product CodeDescriptionPrice
LabourLabour Costs for on site installation

BatteryBattery for alarm box30
Junction BoxJunction box to extend wiring54

What I hope would happen is that I choose the product code from a drop down box, this fill in the Description and the price for me.

Does that make sense? Thanks in advance 🙂

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 11:30 PM

Hi Milly,

Yes it does.

Your product sheet is a lookup table, and VLOOKUP is the function you will need.

User uploaded file

Product List contans only entered values (no formulas).

Main contains entered values in columns A and B, the first formulas below, entered and filled as indicated:

C2, filled down and right to D9 (last white filled row):

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B,Product List :: $A:$C,COLUMN()-1,FALSE),"")

"FALSE" will appear as "Exact match" in th formula. This will cause an error in the rows of Main where column B is blank. The error is caught by IFERROR, which inserts a null string in the cell containing the formula, making the cell appear blank.

E2, filled down to E9:

=IF(LEN(D)>0,A*D,"")

LEN(D) tests for content in 'this row' of column D. If found, the formula multiplies the quantity in A by the price in D. if D is 'empty', the formula places a null string in its cell.

Rows 10 and 11 are footer rows.

E10 calculates a tax amount using a rate of 5%.

=SUM(E)*5%

E11 calculates the total, including tax:

=SUM(E)+E10

SUM(E) includes only the 'normal' (or Body) rows. As E10 is in a Footer row, the cell is not included in the SUM, and must be added separately.

This should give you enough to get started. Further questions are welcomed.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2013 11:30 PM in response to Millypede

Hi Milly,

Yes it does.

Your product sheet is a lookup table, and VLOOKUP is the function you will need.

User uploaded file

Product List contans only entered values (no formulas).

Main contains entered values in columns A and B, the first formulas below, entered and filled as indicated:

C2, filled down and right to D9 (last white filled row):

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B,Product List :: $A:$C,COLUMN()-1,FALSE),"")

"FALSE" will appear as "Exact match" in th formula. This will cause an error in the rows of Main where column B is blank. The error is caught by IFERROR, which inserts a null string in the cell containing the formula, making the cell appear blank.

E2, filled down to E9:

=IF(LEN(D)>0,A*D,"")

LEN(D) tests for content in 'this row' of column D. If found, the formula multiplies the quantity in A by the price in D. if D is 'empty', the formula places a null string in its cell.

Rows 10 and 11 are footer rows.

E10 calculates a tax amount using a rate of 5%.

=SUM(E)*5%

E11 calculates the total, including tax:

=SUM(E)+E10

SUM(E) includes only the 'normal' (or Body) rows. As E10 is in a Footer row, the cell is not included in the SUM, and must be added separately.

This should give you enough to get started. Further questions are welcomed.

Regards,

Barry

A little help with invoice calculator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.