Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I log off my iMessage using different device?

I have my iPad, iPhone, and Mac all with the same apple id and on iMessage. Am I able to log off my iMessage from my iPad using the Mac or iPhone remotely?

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:19 PM

Hi Omgmuffin,

No, there is no way to remotely log off from Messages. Each device must be logged on and off on the device itself.

Cheers,

GB

9 replies

Oct 21, 2013 9:50 PM in response to Omgmuffin

Hi again,

Looked around to see if this is out there on the boards, but couldn't find anything. Since it is only happening on your iPad, I would suggest the following:

First, try resetting your device (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Silver Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the Home screen comes back up, see if your Messages stops asking for your password.

If that doesn't work, then you might want to try turning Messages off and then back on again. You will probably have to set up the options within Messages again, including the Send and Receive info, but that may do it.

Good luck!

Cheers,

GB

Can I log off my iMessage using different device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.