Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows size doesn't adapt when switching displays

Hi everyone,

I have a macbook pro 13" 2012 that I often use with a docking station to plug it to a biger LCD screen. Everything is working perfectly well except that when I plug it off from the docking station, all application that were opened when I was plugged remain with the same size they had on my bigger display.

What I mean is, for exemple, full screen app will remain full screen but I'll only be able to see half of the windows when I work back on the original 13" screen. I guess this might be due to the fact that my LCD screen has a 1080p resolution while my 13" only have a 720p ? Is there anyway to force mac osx to resize all windows as per new display resolution, keeping the same ratio ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:32 PM

What Mac OS X will do for you is to put at least some part of each window onto the remaining screen -- None are left completely off-screen.

Sorry, the rest is your problem. Re-size them or minimize them into the Dock before you disconnect the larger display.

1 reply

Windows size doesn't adapt when switching displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.