Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete locally stored data of email accounts I have removed from Mail?

I have removed some accounts from Mail which I no longer use. But I realised the data ( Inbox, Sent Mail, etc) is still locally stored on my Mac. How to get rid of it so that I can free up space?

Also wanted to double check that removing it from my computer will still let me check it from the browser later on right?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 5:02 AM

Go to the Finder, hold down the Option key and click the Go menu. You'll see a Library folder in the list. Click that. (You can only see it when you hold down the Option key.)

Within, there's a Mail folder, then v2, then subfolders for accounts. Your old account folder may be there, although I've always experienced it being deleted when an account is removed.

Removing an account from Mail does not limit your access to it through webmail. Depending how it was set up, you may have downloaded mail and deleted it from the server, in which case not all messages may be viewable in a browser.

Matt

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2013 5:02 AM in response to rk3692

Go to the Finder, hold down the Option key and click the Go menu. You'll see a Library folder in the list. Click that. (You can only see it when you hold down the Option key.)

Within, there's a Mail folder, then v2, then subfolders for accounts. Your old account folder may be there, although I've always experienced it being deleted when an account is removed.

Removing an account from Mail does not limit your access to it through webmail. Depending how it was set up, you may have downloaded mail and deleted it from the server, in which case not all messages may be viewable in a browser.

Matt

How to delete locally stored data of email accounts I have removed from Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.