Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What iPad cart would be best to purchase ?

Hello guys, I work in a College and we are starting to give out iPad 2 to students to loan out. We are currently thinking of purchasing a cart that would be worthy of our demands. We currently are loaning out 30 iPads (and more to follow soon enough..TBA). So far I had seen a few online like the following 2 links for starters..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/984579-REG/avermedia_tabsync01_32_tablet_c harge.html

http://www.genesis-technologies.com/cart/Education/Anthro/Anthro_Tablet_Charging _Cart_40_unit_Standard_Case_TAB40SS_PW4_p7932.html

I would liek to know what would be best for our demands and if there are any other better suited models iPda carts please do Link..

Thanks

FP

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2, meant to be loan to students..

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 7:18 AM

6 replies

Oct 22, 2013 7:59 AM in response to FelixAres

We mostly use the Bretford carts that were designed for Apple: http://apple.bretford.com/

We have one of the Anthro carts that you linked as well. The teacher that is in control of it doesn't seem really fond of using it though. I can find out more info about what they don't like about it if you would like. I think it had to to about how the wheels are placed and the cabling.

Oct 22, 2013 3:57 PM in response to burgback

Burgback - Thanks for your reply and your point of view, this Cart looks prety well made. I am looking for a cart that is require only 1 opening to charge the devices rather than turning it around to charge it (since I am going to be frankly honest with you on this, my co-workers are pretty much lazy and rather do half the job rather the whole thing.. Go figure..) 😀

Mar 3, 2014 5:22 AM in response to burgback

As a teacher, I would not recommend the Bretford carts to secure, charge and sync your ipads. While it is a nice looking cart, it is not secure at all. In fact, there are videos on youtube showing how you can steal the iPads from their cart while it's locked and without using any tools. We like using the top load, gather round Datamation iPad carts. Much more secure, well designed and less expensive than Bretford.

Mar 3, 2014 10:37 AM in response to FelixAres

Use caution if you use a Bretford cart. Bretford support refused to resolve the problem below.

Bretford USB cables have worn out the plastic/metal on our iPads. Many of our ipads no longer send video to a projector using the 30 pin connector.

We had to take apart our Breford cart, remove the Bretford cables, and then install genuine apple cables. Now with the Apple cables we have a lot less damage to our ipads.

Students have never been allowed to plug in their ipads. The ipads easily last 2 days on a charge. To reduce wear on the connectors the IT person (me) plugs in the ipad on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday night.

=======================

ps: Using an Elmo document camera I can peek into the ipad connector and see the damage. Anyone with a good Elmo camera can do this. Many schools with a Bretford will never notice this damage until they try to connect their iPads to VGA output.

other problems with the Bretford cart

- Our bottom metal shelf was bowed down, and the metal backstop came loose

- I had to install small foam cushions on the backstops, as the metal backstop risked breaking the ipad

- We sent in a deffective Bretford cart. It was very time consuming. The new cart was worse, and Bretford offered a 3rd cart, but we could not afford the loss of time.

What iPad cart would be best to purchase ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.