Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice memos in iOS7, on new iphone 5s cuts off recordings

Hi,

Voice memos has always been super reliable in previous versions but on a new iphone 5s with ios7 I'm finding it cuts off recordings very unpredictably - sometimes after less than a minute sometimes after a quarter hour or so.

I've seen other threads where the issue has been described but this has been explicitly on longer recordings or where the recording is finished so wanted to raise this again as an issue on new hardware with recordings of any length where the recording stops by itself.

The bug is making the app unusable at present which is a shame as it looks like it could be a greatly improved app.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 8:49 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2013 6:12 PM in response to trilithon

The worse thing about this is that Apple Support does not appear to know about it and steered me in the wrong direction. Today I tried it again and lost another 50 minute recording.

Apple needs to fix this and let users and tech staff know ASAP.

This has now cost me 2 hours of client time, plus 3 hours of tech support. The client information is priceless to me. I will not be able to retrieve the content of those discussions, even if I conduct the meetings again. Too many variables were at play.

I am beyond disillusioned that this issue is being reported in various threads throughout the fall and has not been addressed, and that phone support is unwaware, so more users will end up with the same terrible losses.

It is, in my opinion, highly irresponsible and a show of disrespect to customers to permit this to be occuring without warning users or applying fixes.

Voice memos in iOS7, on new iphone 5s cuts off recordings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.