Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to go with classic Macs?

Just wondering if someone has a better idea what to do with some classic Macs than what I've come up with so far.

I've got a Duo dock, Performa 6214 (cpu only), Performa 6300CD (complete system, incl. box), Gen 1 Blue and White (El Capitan) PowerMac G3, Gen 1 PowerBook G4, Blueberry iMac (think it's a Gen 2), and a Gen 1 PowerMac G5 (standard video).

I know the recycling and junkyard options, but I'm hoping someone's got a better idea that I could use to get some or all of these re-used somehow or possibly someone with space to collect these things will like some/all of them.

I'm out of space...and options. 😟

-Matt

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 9:01 AM

5 replies

Oct 24, 2013 1:24 PM in response to Matt Mccabe1

Go to RetroMacCast and join (it is free) then list the items on their RMC Swap forum as for sale, trade, or gift.

The people here are enthusiasts and would most likely be appreciative and put the stuff to good use. Check it out at the links below. Good luck. 🙂

http://retromaccast.ning.com/forum

http://retromaccast.ning.com/forum/categories/1672786:Category:50/listForCategor y

Jan 18, 2014 12:48 PM in response to Matt Mccabe1

Matt,

Location is everything. In Washington state, we have a program called e-cycle that will take electronic waste. That is nice but the better alternative is education. Just last Saturday we taught a class for the boy scout computer merit badge college at Gonzaga University in Spokane. Plenty of young kids out there who would love to play around on the old stuff. Talk to parents first to be sure they are supportive of the kid's hobby. If you are any where close to Washignton state, we can give more specific locations for education based recycling.

Our organization has given away over 1,000 used computers to education based recycling.

Ji~m

Where to go with classic Macs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.