Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is scrolling speed adjustment (trackpad) gone?

I can't seem to find any way to adjust the scrolling speed in Mavericks on my 2.5 GHz 13" MacBook Pro. I'm hoping that I've simply overlooked a menu or window somewhere, because at the moment my wrists are already sore from having to use twice the effort to make it halfway down most pages in Safari.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 2:29 PM

11 replies

Jun 19, 2014 5:39 AM in response to mmmoose

hello,

i had the same situation and kind of solved. but here is an other issue ; i need to change as my personal speed everytime i turn on my mac. i mean when i shot down it becomes the default before.

thanks in advence

Jul 11, 2014 7:15 AM in response to mmmoose

I too was suffering with the same issue and thanks to your post, found the answer. The question is, why are these option buttons for Trackpad behavior and Mouse behavior not "accessible" from their respective Trackpad and Mouse System Preferences panes??? What an oxy moron - moving these options into "Accessibility", thus making them less accessible to users! Apple, it is not good interface logic that these options should not be available from the preference pane that you would naturally go to for control of these input devices! Why not put these option buttons in both places, if you think they also need to be available in "Accessibility"? That's an easy fix!

Is scrolling speed adjustment (trackpad) gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.