Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update to Pages 5.0 is I got Pages through the Mac Box Set they used to have?

I do not want to buy iWork or iLife just because the new update came out. How do I update to Pages 5.0 is I got it through Apple's old Box Set deal?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 2:16 PM

6 replies

Dec 11, 2013 4:02 PM in response to username12353

Be careful upgrading to Pages 5.0 The new version WILL NOT open old copies of your documents made from Pages '09, and it corrupts the file so Pages'09 will not open them any more. I have not been able to repair the docs that this happened to.

This is the worst "upgrade" I have ever seen from Apple. To change a product so much that you can not open the previous version's docs, especially, without an "easy to understand warning of impending doom", is sheer stupidity.

I couldn't be more disappointed with this so called "upgrade".

How do I update to Pages 5.0 is I got Pages through the Mac Box Set they used to have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.