Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps not showing up in Calendar Evets

So I have Mavericks installed. In my Calendar events that actually HAVE locations typed in, I dfon't get the spiffy little maps in the event details.

I checked and am not seeing a toggle to turn it on/off.

Anyone have this working?

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 3:10 PM

Scratch that. Suddenly it starts working out of nowhere. I'm guessing it had to go through and 'find' everything and there was a delay.

14 replies

Oct 25, 2013 2:22 PM in response to Klemons73

I found that you have to type the address in. It doesn't appear to work if you copy the address in from an email or web site. When you put the location of the place you are going to for an appointment, resturant, theathre, etc. right underneath the place you added it says "Add Location". Type in the address number and and then the street. If you are allowing Apple to use your location, some addresses should show up that you can choose from. The map should show up with the City, State shown along with a weather symbol (a cloud or sun whatever) and High/Low temps. If you click on the little map it takes you to iMap and if you click on directions in iMap it will give you the directions and time to drive to the location. Hope this helps.

Oct 28, 2013 10:13 AM in response to JWolf74

I found that the Calendar map and weather function only works when the location is from:

• registered business from the Maps app's database,
  • addresses from your Contacts
  • any bookmarked pins from Maps app

Other than that, directly typing an address won't render the map or weather features. You have to use their drop down locations. I have experiemented with different variations and only these 3 things will make it work.

Oct 29, 2013 2:37 AM in response to JWolf74

Hi, I have a similar problem on my iPhone 5s - calendar location field does not integrate with maps. It doesn't even work for addresses from my contacts and pins from Maps. Location services are enabled for mpas, BUT I can't find caledar in the list (there is maps, weather, safari, etc) but no calendar. Not sure if this is the reason, if yes how to add it to the list?

Maps not showing up in Calendar Evets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.