Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samantha Voice Update problem....

I just updated the Samantha voice on the App Store, running Mavericks, and now the voice won't make any sound. It's not even mute, when I tested the Samantha voice (which I already had downloaded) in the Customize section of Dictation settings, playing one voice sample and then immediatley clicking the next voice should trigger the second voice's sample to autoplay. This did not happen when I used Samantha. Does this require me to restart my Mac? The update did not say a restart was required. What should I try?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 4:13 PM

Maybe you may want to wait for a day or 2, the servers are beeing crushed, possible issuses with the trafiic could be an issue and it is day 1, there will most likely be an update in the next day or 2.

6 replies

Oct 31, 2013 11:32 AM in response to dani4576

I have the same problem too.

When I go to "Dictation & Speech / System Voice" Samantha is not on the list.

If I select "Dictation & Speech / System Voice / Customize" Samamtha is already selected and if I click on "Play" nothing happens and I'm not able to reactivate Samantha.

Before the upgrade to Mavericks the Samantha voice worked perfectly.

Samantha Voice Update problem....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.