Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Search on iPhone ver 7.0.2 not working

iTunes Search will not display keyboard to enter a new search; only displays the last search i did two days ago and pressing search button does nothing. Clicking on Search from anywhere in store brings up old search, same thing when search is local. iOS is 7.0.2 but search was working for at least 10 days or so since OS update. no new apps installed since

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 4:29 PM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2013 4:35 PM in response to jdjamz

Two things to try:

• Go to Settings > iTunes&Apps Stores. Sign out and then back in to your appleID.
  • Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

Oct 22, 2013 11:25 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

James- thanks for your suggestions; I tried the first, sign out / back in, and did not have any luck; next I closed down all of the apps and did a restart with the Home / On buttons, and after it restarted, it still has the same issues; if in iTunes, I click on the Search icon, and just shows the results of my last search with no way of entering anything new to search on. I do see that there is an OS update; I am going to try that to see if that shakes anything loose. I'll post the results here; if it doesnt fix it and if you think of any other tricks, i'd love to hear them! Thanks

iTunes Search on iPhone ver 7.0.2 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.