Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a free iWork update with a Macbook Air I received last week?

I have a university owned Macbook Air that I received last week. I cannot figure out how I can download the new iWorks suite as part of the Mac or iOS device free update.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 5:36 PM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2013 7:01 PM in response to PresentationMagic

The MacBook Air was purchased by my university and assigned to me. We have a refresh program. I suspect that iWorks was installed via some OEM disk image file and not via the App Store. That being said, I did find the page uptodate.apple.com, which if I can get a copy of the invoice, will entitle me to an App Store download. Then again, our IT dept might have the image file soon too. First OSX that I have downloaded from the App store ever with Mavericks.

Oct 23, 2013 2:45 AM in response to Jimmyusmc

The answer somewhere lies in the uptodate.apple.com program. Not sure why my purchase was unrecognized on the new MacBook Air, but was recognized on the MacPro. I also saw some chatter that if you create a new user and then open the App store, the purchase will be seen for that user and then will become available to your main user too.

Oct 23, 2013 5:58 AM in response to Jimmyusmc

Problem solved automagically. Just logged in this morning and opened the App Store app and at the top of the Purchases "tab" it reads, "You qualify for 3 apps." Those apps are Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. I don't think that was there yesterday after installing Mavericks but I do think that this was just a little slow in appearing. Keynote, for example, is now listed as "FREE" rather than for $19.99 as it was yesterday when searching on it in the App Store. I did nothing special, just went to the App Store after a good night's sleep. So anyone that had problems on launch day and legitimately bought a new Apple device after October 1st as I did should now be OK. I did not have to go anywhere or apply for anything. Thanks so much for your prompt help and I'm glad it turned out to be unnecessary.

How do I get a free iWork update with a Macbook Air I received last week?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.