Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parallels 8 and mavericks compatibilti

Has anyone tried Parallels 8 with Mavericks OSX for compatibility?

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 6:15 PM

13 replies

Oct 23, 2013 7:08 AM in response to tbirdvet

Apple is not responsible for what 3rd party app vendors do or don't do.

It is up to the vendors to provide support for their products and insure

compatibility with any system update. This is true be it Apple or Microsoft.

Parallels has done this by providing PD9. If you chose not to update,

that is fine.

Personally, I found the advantages of updating to PD9 far outweighed

any decision not to.

Oct 23, 2013 2:09 PM in response to woodmeister50

My issue is not with Apple but with Parallels. Most software suppliers update their present programs for compatibility as the operating systems are updated at no cost for at least some time period. Parallels seems to always bring out all new software and then charges the customer again. I agree that P9 is the ultimate answer but just wish they could be more customer focused. I bet next year if Apple has another new OS P9 will not work and you will have to buy P10.

Oct 30, 2013 6:41 AM in response to tbirdvet

Parallels 8 on Mavericks works!

Here is the solution, that work for me.

If you have below alert:

The virtual machine performance may be degraded because the hardware virtualization support is disabled on the host computer.
"Unable to load the Parallels Driver
"

If you don't yet want to upgrade, you can use a workaround below:

• 1) Launch AppleScript Editor (it's in Utilities folder)
  • 2) Create a new file (File > New)
  • 3) Copy and paste this into the editor:

do shell script "

for x in prl_hypervisor prl_vnic prl_hid_hook \"-d ./prl_hypervisor.kext prl_netbridge\" prl_usb_connect

do sudo kextutil \"/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.6/$x.kext\"

done

" with administrator privileges

do shell script "open -a \"/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app\""

4) Select File > Save, call it Parallels Desktop Launcher, put it in the Applications folder and set type to Application:

User uploaded file

The new launcher will appear in your Applications folder and you will be able to use it to start Parallels.

You will need to enter your password once before the start because the script needs administrative privileges.

Done.

parallels 8 and mavericks compatibilti

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.