Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change iCloud verification phone number?

I installed Mavericks, and as the computer was setting it up, it asked me questions to set up iCloud keychain. At one point, it asked me to input a phone number that will be used to verify purchcases or something like that. I just got a new phone, and thought I had memorized it correctly, but I input the wrong phone number (off by one digit). Is there a way for me to fix this?

If anyone can suggest something, it would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Go to System Preferences, then iCloud. Click on Account Details and you should see where to change the verification phone number.

9 replies

Oct 23, 2013 10:49 PM in response to eric.email

The checkbox next to keychain must be checked for the other fields to appear in Account Details. If you've set up the wrong verification phone number and then unchecked the box next to keychain, you will only see the description, and the box can't be enabled again unless you have access to the phone. The workaround I've found is to check the checkbox next to keychain again, but when asked for your security key, click forgot key, then click reset keychain and set up from scratch. All should be good!

How to change iCloud verification phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.