Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps not showing in Mavericks Calendar

Simply that, when I add location information to my calendar items nothing happens. No maps, no travel times, no nothing. They just sit there as static information. Is anybody else having this problem, and has anybody fixed it? There's another thread (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5466921?answerId=23468878022#23468878022) with this same problem, but it fixed itself in that situation and was marked as answered.

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 7:39 PM

30 replies

Oct 23, 2013 3:21 AM in response to pd_THOR

I have the same issue.

I have tried copy and paste, writing the address myself, even different combinations and still nothing.

I have also tried some well known locations like the Lonon Eye or Bickingham Palace. Still nothing.

Have anyone also noticed that the Apple maps is really lacking location aware data?

Hopefully this is just teething issues and will be fixed soon.

Oct 23, 2013 6:02 AM in response to the-macaddict

the-macaddict wrote:

I had the same problem. This worked for me:

In order to get information like travel time etc. on an appointment that already exists in your calendar, you have to double-click on the line with day and time in the info window of this appointment to reveal the corrsponding drop-down menues. Hope this helps!

All that does is give stanard times, it is not location aware, like it should be.

Oct 23, 2013 7:36 AM in response to pd_THOR

1:Ok can you try and double-click on an Event in Calendar.

2:Then double-click on the Location info.

This should then bring up a window with the message

(Calendar would like to set your current location) Click Yes.

Then you should see a drop-down list of choices of location to pick:

User uploaded file

Then when you pick or type the Location (this sometimes gets a few errors first time round)

User uploaded file

But if you complete the name helps fine tune! This should now give you your maps.

Then to get the Travel Time Click in the Time and Date area Below the Location this will give the List

were Travel Time is located.

Maps not showing in Mavericks Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.