Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does installing Mavericks install iTunes 11?

For us still holding on to iTunes 10.7, does upgrading to Mavericks automatically install iTunes 11?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 8:21 PM

12 replies

Oct 22, 2013 11:30 PM in response to abombaci

abombaci wrote:

For us still holding on to iTunes 10.7, does upgrading to Mavericks automatically install iTunes 11?

Same question here. I'm not at all willing to loose my iTunes 10.7. 😠

Would it be possible to avoid the replacement to version 11 by using Pacifist. If so can any one more

proficient give me clear instructions how to proceed ??

Macbook Pro (15-inch early 2011), Mountain Lion 10.8.5, 16GB Memory

Parallels desktop 9.0.2316, Windows 7 (64bit)

Oct 23, 2013 8:59 AM in response to abombaci

I was running Mountain Lion with iTunes 10.7, and the upgrade for Mavericks did indeed update iTunes to 11. But I pretty easily able to get 10.7 back on. There was one little hiccup involving the latest version of Pacifist (it didn't want to work), but a slightly older version did. There's a link to that version along with instructions here: http://awesometoast.com/downgrading-to-itunes-10-7-from-itunes-11-on-osx/

Also, it can save you a lot of time if you never open the new iTunes after installing Mavericks. That way, your iTunes library files never get changed and don't have to be restored from backups.

Nov 6, 2013 12:14 AM in response to Art

i have installed itunes 10.7 together with itunes 11 but the problem with the error 42408 remained - with this error u can't purchase or download any app in App Store (itunes app store).

For those people who don't have ios devices this problem is not so critical. Also with this problem iTunes Match doesn't work. so, may be this solution is usefeull for somebody. thanks any way.

Nov 6, 2013 4:54 AM in response to abombaci

have found that problem with MAS is caused by replacing CoreFP.framework during installing itunes 10.7 via pacifist. After pacifist have replaced that framework MAS doen't work.

But if we don't replace CoreFP.framework we get an error -42408 which doesn't allow to sign in iTunes Store, iTunes Match and etc in iTunes 10.7. But MAS will work fine.

So, the problem is in that framework. May be somebody knows how solve this problem?

Does installing Mavericks install iTunes 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.