Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks not downloading or showing up in "Purchases" window.

I don't know what else to try. I can initiate the download, and it shows up in Launch Pad, but the download never progresses.

It also doesn't show up in the "Purchases" window.

In Launch Pad, it looks like this:

User uploaded file

Even after hours of waiting, it hasn't progressed.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 8:20 PM

4 replies

Oct 23, 2013 6:54 PM in response to swtuckerman

Hello there, I've had the same issue all day, but I *think* I've fixed it, I'll be more sure in a few hours when the downloads actually had time to progress...

1. Pause the download by clicking on the app
  2. Click and hold the app icon until you get the 'wobblng' effect and the little crosses come up
  3. Click the cross and say yes to deleting the app
  4. Re launch the app store and start over.

You can check that the app is downloading by using activity monitor (->Utilities. Select the "Network" tab in the app) to see if there's a continued spike in your "data recived". This is best seen whilst not downloading anything else so you have a 'rest' level, then begining the download. The jump in numbers and graphs will make it pretty clear.

NOTE: The app hasn't re-appeared in my purchased list on the app store. I deleted another app off that list and re-downloaded it for a comparison and that didn't come back either, but still downloaded successfully, so that's just probably just another one of the app stores delightful quirks and not nessiserily tied to the issue. But don't take my word for it =P

That's what I've done and so far so good 🙂

Mavericks not downloading or showing up in "Purchases" window.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.