Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATTENTION: For those who have purchased iWork apps and are seeing you have to buy them again

I found this little gem on Macworld. iWork began downloading after this fix. Give it a whirl 😁

OK I was having trouble with with 2011 Mac Mini and iWork I bought on DVD & the preinstalled iWork not updating.

Here's how I got it to update in through the app store.

Open App Store on your Mac if they don't show as an update in the tab and are not in your Purchases tab, go to the Featured tab & click Account under Quick Links, enter your password, & click Reset all warning for buying and downloading at the bottom of this page, & click Done.

Check your updates tab & iWork & iLife updates should now appear, at least this is how I got it to work on my 2011 Mac Mini.

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 9:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2013 10:22 PM in response to acastillo83

***For those that purchased iWork 09 not on the app store but as a retail disk copy you can get the update for iWork even though it may show $19.99 for all the apps:

You can reupdate to iWork 9.3 by going here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1563

then after it is updated close the app store if opened then open it again and sign out then sign in and then all the iwork 2013 apps should show as update rather than $19.99 cost each. This worked for me. I bought iwork '09 on disk but it showed 19.99 each after I upgraded to Mavericks so followed the above steps and it worked. I am now updating all my iWork suite I bought on disk, NOT on the Mac app store and now I have a Mac app store set!

Apple sure has a problem that needs to be fixed otherwise iWork will eventually be free for everyone...

Someone at Apple forgot all of us old retail people before the Mac App store existed!

ATTENTION: For those who have purchased iWork apps and are seeing you have to buy them again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.