Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can View HTML Source Code using Safari latest and Updated iPad Retina?

Hello,

I am using iPad Retina and by stupidity, I updated the apple software and I need to know how can I access to Safari menu bar ( add ons or ... ) options and most importantly, how can I access or ADD VIEW PAGE SOURCE ( Html codes from web pages.

Please HELP :-(

Thanks

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 9:53 PM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2013 9:00 PM in response to apple-SPIES

Check Settings > Safari to make sure the tab bar is enabled on your iPad. (It should not have been disabled during the upgrade, but it doesn't hurt to check the setting again.)

I'm guessing that you have a JavaScript bookmarklet in your tab bar that lets you view the source of the web page as that is not a feature of Safari for iOS.

If you have a Mac with Safari 6.1 (on 10.7 or 10.8) or Safari 7.0 on Mavericks (10.9), you can open Web Inspector from the Develop menu and connect to Safari for iOS on your iPad to view HTML source that way as well. You must have your iPad connected to your Mac via USB cable, and you have to go into Settings > Safari > Advanced and turn Web Inspector to ON.

To enable the Develop menu in Safari for Mac, open Safari preferences (Cmd-,), click on "Advanced" icon, then check the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" checkbox.

Hope that helps!

Feb 17, 2014 2:01 PM in response to apple-SPIES

Apple moved the view source ability to a different menu in Safari 6.

I was having the same problem with my desktop version and found this answered my problem.

If you go to 'Preferences' in Safari, and then to the 'Advanced tab' and then check "Show Develop menu in menu bar" box at the bottom of that window.

You can then choose "Show Page Source" from the new Develop menu at the top.

How can View HTML Source Code using Safari latest and Updated iPad Retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.