Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay with X-Mirage connectivity problem

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 11:03 PM

13 replies

Oct 24, 2013 6:28 AM in response to X-Mirage

Might be nice if there was an actual question... I'm running into issues as well, but figured it might be useful to provide some details.

I am experiencing some connectivity problems with X-Mirage 1.02.5 and my 2009 MBP running Mavericks. I have both devices connected to the same network (but I do not have access to reboot the router, unfortunately), but cannot get the Airplay icon to appear on my iPad Mini running iOS7. I have reset my iPad and rebooted my MBP, but to no avail. I've used the Rebroadcast Services function in X-Mirage running on the computer, but that has not made Airplay appear.

I will try the same thing at home tonight, as I have had no Airplay issues between my iPad Mini and our Apple TV.

Would like to hear about any workarounds that have been attempted!

Oct 25, 2013 4:37 AM in response to X-Mirage

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, I did some fairly basic troubleshooting initially, as I was attempting this from work:

1. Installed app (X-Mirage 1.20.5) on MBP

2. Attempted mirroring from iPad Mini; no success (note that the Airplay icon is not even displayed in the Control Center)

3. Rebooted MBP

4. Reset iPad Mini

5. Restarted X-Mirage

6. Attempted mirroring from iPad Mini; no success (once again, Airplay icon is not even displayed in the Control Center)

When I arrived home, I started up my MBP, launched X-Mirage and attempted mirroring from iPad Mini (in this case, the Airplay icon was available, but then it always is at home due to our Apple TV) and it worked but was very sluggish (a delay of almost 5 seconds with what I was doing on the iPad Mini). After working for a few moments, the mirroring just froze.

I attempted to Airplay to our Apple TV and it worked just fine, without unacceptable delays (maybe a second or less from what I was doing on the iPad Mini). I rebooted my MBP again, reset the iPad Mini and restarted my router, then tried to connect to X-Mirage again. Same issue.

It's unfortunate, as I actually won this app from a Mac.Appstorm contest and was really hoping to make use of it for some training development...

Oct 25, 2013 8:25 AM in response to X-Mirage

Using IPV4.

As for providing my network details, I just don't see the relevance. If you could explain what you believe you might be able to determine from that information, I'd appreciate it!

I'm able to browse and mirror off an Apple TV on the same network with no problems. I can Airplay to an Apple Airport Express connected to speakers with no problems. Download and upload speeds are excellent and my ping responses are very low. I'm physically 6' from the router itself. I do have some ports blocked but the fact that the service worked once, albeit with delays, points to the fact that the blocked ports are not the issue. It would almost seem like port forwarding slowdowns, but I am not port forwarding at all.

I'm also realising that since Apple has not licensed Airplay protocol to third parties, many developers are making use of http://nto.github.io/AirPlay.html as their source of information on the it, and I'm wondering if Apple has not made modifications to the stack when developing Mavericks?

Oct 26, 2013 8:55 AM in response to X-Mirage

Well, funny enough, but now everything seems to be working, and at all optimization setting on top of that. The only two things that were different when I tried it a few minutes ago was that my MBP had been in sleep mode for more than 12 hours and my iPad Mini is currently plugged to AC to recharge (please note that my original attempts had been performed using a minimum of 90% battery remaining. Nothing installed, nothing updated on the MBP, no new apps installed on iPad Mini, didn't even reset it. Launched X-Mirage, waited until the window displayed and then turned on Airplay for my MBP, then switched the Mirroring on. Appeared on MBP screen within a second and now there is absolutely no delay from any operation on the iPad Mini and the display on the MBP.

I'm about to repeat the experiment without the iPad plugged to AC, just to see if that might be the factor that caused the issue in the first place.

On another note, I really don't think that bandwidth was the issue, as my boy is currently watching some Saturday morning cartoon through Netflix on our Apple TV, while I'm uploading files to a offsite server.

Might just have been a glitch, but I can say that the app now works exactly as promised, video capture is excellent, and the conversion app included with X-Mirage works very quickly to output an MP4 final version!

Nov 10, 2013 5:53 PM in response to X-Mirage

Hey there, Recently downloaded X-Mirage and installed it on my MBP running mavericks (which i got about 2 days ago)

I'm trying to "mirror" or whatever my Iphone 4gs running IOS 7. (newest update)

doesn't seem to be working.

I have restarted both the Iphone and the MBP

when i run x-mirage on the MPB and then swipe up on my phone. i can see the airplay icon and the choice to choose

X-mirage (my computers name) when i click on that and enable mirroring.... nothing happens, No window comes up on my MBP. they share the same network, (which happens to be a hotel network)

shortly after i select the x-mirage option, i get disconected form airplay (no longer has the blue bar and airplay icon on the iphone)

if i go back into it and select x-mirage(my computer name) it will again hold onto the blue bar at the top but drup it again in about 40 seconds.

I do not have auto engaged, and it is plugged into AC

HELP!? can i get a refund on my money?

OH! and also when i have everything connected, and if i go to the Airplay icon on my MBP and selece x-mirage(my computer name) my screen goes apeshit and what i presume to be the record option goes all endless tunnels on me and just creates a wormhole in the middle of my screen with endless windows. Major glitch.

please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.