Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching to "last import" glitch - iPhoto.

When I'm using iphoto on the computer and I switch to another app for a moment, if I return to iphoto, it always switches back to Last import instead of where I left it - for example if I was viewing an album. And I haven't closed iphoto. It's really annoying. How do I stop this

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 11:50 PM

15 replies

Oct 22, 2013 11:59 PM in response to alvin34

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Auto Import'. Is there anything inside it? If there is, drag those contents to the desktop.

Make no other changes.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

Dec 4, 2013 1:47 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence's suggestion is a totally valid solution!! Thanks for that. I deleted that folder altogether, in it was a folder that was... quite old!

I was plagued by this glitch for over a year. Not even folks at Apple were able to pinpoint that my iphoto Library was the culprit rather than the application, neither did they suggest any solution whatsoever (This might or might not be the right expectation after an Apple Developer preview report while testing Mavericks)

Apr 4, 2014 2:52 PM in response to Gtibunny

Gtibunny wrote:

There are 13 folders there, none of which are named Auto Import

That sounds odd.. can you take a screen grab of the finder window with the package contents? This is what it looks like in mine:

Screen cap is taken by

1. pressing cmd+shift+4, followed by the spacebar (a camera icon appears and the focused window to grab is greyed)

2. clicking the mouse/trackpad button

User uploaded file

It seems odd to me, but perhaps adding a folder "Auto Import" might do the trick... I doubt it though...

Apr 4, 2014 2:57 PM in response to Gtibunny

Give this a go:

Starting over from scratch with new library

Start over with a new library and import the Originals (iPhoto 09 and earlier) or the Masters (iPhoto 11) folder from your original library as follows:

1. Open the library package like this.

User uploaded file

2. Launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and, when asked, select the option to create a new library.

3. Drag the subfolders of the Originals (iPhoto 09 and earlier) or the Masters (iPhoto 11) folder from the open iPhoto Library package into the open iPhoto window a few at a time.

User uploaded file

This will create a new library with the same Events (but not necessarily the same Event names) as the original library but will not keep the metadata, albums, books slideshows and other projects.

Note: your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

OT

Apr 4, 2014 5:21 PM in response to Gtibunny

The Auto Import folder must have a action associatyed with it. You can create one with Automator but I'd try the following:

1 - create a new, empty library by launching iPhoto with the option key held down and selecting "New Library" in the next window.

2 - open the new library package with the Finder and move the Auto Import folder into your current library.

3 - delete the remains of the new library.

4 - launcn iPhoto and see if that will fix the library.

Switching to "last import" glitch - iPhoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.