Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.0 - No mail merge?!

I'm a bit shocked!

is there no longer any mail merge possible in Pages 5.0? There seems absolutely no way to link to Contacts or using a Numbers Document to add addresses for mail merge. searched the app up and down and searched in the help files.. but it seems AWOL.

Please. How can that be? A word processor without mail merge? Am I supposed to add and print hundreds of addresses now manually?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:31 AM

I'm with you - I looked all over for it today and it would appear to have been left out.

I like Pages a lot, but if they strip it down any more, it won't be much more useful than TextEdit...

How the **** do we merge stuff now!?!?!?!

180 replies

Oct 23, 2013 9:53 AM in response to Mark Alan Thomas

Are you F kidding. In business I use mail merge all day long for letter and proposals. This would be worse than maps problem last year because this was a functioning product. I'm hoping I can go back to the old pages until they get their **** together. If anything they should have expanded the functionality of it to include custom fields. If this is the case and you can't use this anymore, I guess that is why it's free!!! Apple is really sliding, doing more fluff and less functionality.

Jun 20, 2014 10:00 AM in response to dirkt68

You can still use your iWork '09 applications including your old Pages 4.3 that support the mail merge. The OS X Mavericks 10.9 upgrade do not remove the old Pages, Numbers, Keynote. Those remain in the iWork '09 applications folder.

Since the parity with iWork and iOS is now done (which is a considerable challenge), I would not be surprise that the functionality removed from the suite will come back in further upgrades.

Oct 23, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for the imput and I don't mean to just complain but I really think apple is missing the boat and going off the reservation. If you can't use the products in day to day work and have drag n drop I think it really will be a giant step backwards. Over the last 5 yrs I have switched our company to macs, iphones and ipads etc and the day to day drag and drop functions are the key to business. Since I'mon a rant, Contacts....really? They put groups in, they take it away, they make it look like paper address book, they remove it...I really don't think they have a clue. In writting the programs you should build on what you already created not keep stepping back and then forward again and say look what we did, doesn't it look nice? It's an embarrasment. So much potential, so little substance. PS - Mail merge is a basic function that I used as far back as the first apple I used 30 yrs ago, it's a shame.

Oct 23, 2013 10:28 AM in response to Mark Alan Thomas

I think they are hung up on ios. They really need to talk to people in business and find out what functions would help them and what would make us continue to use and expand to use their products and software. It's a shame because I was really hoping they would make some improvements to the function of Contacts and Pages. No luck, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a company that is forward thinking in improving the function and saving me time.😐

Oct 23, 2013 11:16 AM in response to Mark Alan Thomas

We'll someone is missing the boat here, I make the decision what computer, iPad, phone system to go with and I make that based on our business needs first. When I made the decision to go with Apple products I took 40 employees in that direction, each one of those people then told family and friends to go that direction too. That's how it works. If I were to change directions and go with another company like Google or Samsung within a short period of time all those people would also move that way because they have to use this equipment everyday for business. A lot of companies are like that and will move to the products they use everyday at work. This is why Microsoft did so well because all the business programs work on softy and that's where the selection has been. If people use a product all day at work, that is what they are used to working with and will continue to use or buy personally. We still use windows with parallels so we can use our accounting package Quickbooks Enterprise because of the features and also because we have used it for 25 years. The mac version doesn't come close yet and I don't think Intuit will pack the features into the Mac version. The second closest is the web version which may be the direction we go next but until then we still have to use Windows.

Pages 5.0 - No mail merge?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.