Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after Update to Numbers 3.0 formula does not work

Hi everyone! I hope it isnt a bug and we may could find a solution for my problem. I used the following formula and it ever works in Numbers but after upadating to the latest version of Numbers it doesn't. WENN(ISTLEER(A1);"";"1") (germany - IF Cell is Empty, Return 1). I tried some other formulas but without succes.

Hope somebody can help ...

best regards

Numbers-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Numbers 3.0

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 1:39 AM

10 replies

Oct 23, 2013 2:16 AM in response to BizzBro

BB,

I haven't completed the 10.9 install yet, so this is based on an educated guess.

First, your Numbers expression doesn't seem to match your description of the desired resutt, True and False cases are reversed, I assume that is a simple typographic or translation error in your description.

The following expression should operate the same way as WENN(ISTLEER(A1);"";"1"):

=IF(LEN(A1)=0, 1, "")

Jerry

Oct 23, 2013 7:52 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

oh sorry,

of course i tried =IF(LEN(A1)=0; 1; "") with semicolons, also with commas and also translated into the german formulas for Numbers... as well as i tried it with WENN(ISTLEER(A1);"";"1")

it still shows the red triangle with an exclamation mark... this is annoying because it is such a simple function.

I opened an Excel Sheet and there the formula is working. confusing...

after Update to Numbers 3.0 formula does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.